Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Lunch in 4 minutes!

Last week my husband started a new job (YEAH!) and now I FINALLY get to make his lunches. I've been waiting years for this, let me tell you. 

On a side note - I am terribly nervous about uploading these videos and the many others I have made. I make no apologies for my messy kitchen, fast talking, or funny faces. This is just me...Becoming Annie. 

On morning #2 I got up and realized I had made lunch the night before, just not for me! I had to be at work quickly and needed to just throw things together that I already had in my fridge.



Here is the intro that I posted to Instagram.


Here is me & my hurrying to a meeting/trying to get comfortable in front of the camera, self getting my lunch ready at Annie speed (which is kind of fast).


Salsa Crock Pot Chicken (1/2 C)
1 C Spinach
Rice & Quinoa packet from Costco (1 serving)
1/4 C black beans cooked with minced onion
Green onions
Olives
Cafe Yumm Sauce (1 TBSP)

1/2 C Pineapple
1 barre3 Pumpkin Spice Cookie
Water (the other 2 liquids I drink aren't allowed at work ;)

This lunch has enough protein in it to get me through the day. This chicken is so moist I can actually eat it cold in a wrap, and I've brought it to conferences like that before. Cafe Yumm Sauce is only available in the PNW. The sauce itself is best bought from the retailer because the value for the size is unbelievable! Buying it at Whole Foods or New Seasons is a very large price hike. 

The key to this lunch: salsa crock pot chicken! More on this to come but it is as easy as it sounds. Thanks to my bestie Robyn for teaching me this trick years ago. Or rather, thanks to her Mom for teaching it to her! 

Happy Lunching! 

1 comment:

  1. Yep, sometimes you just have to do the smell test, haha! Love me some salsa chicken, and love your smile at the end!

    (Apologies if this posts more than once, I was having issues)

    ReplyDelete