Monday, August 19, 2013

over the rainbow...

As this blog title suggests, I love rainbows.

It all started with my Mom. She also loves rainbows.

Rainbows are defined as a phenomenon. They are special, unordinary, and often come when unexpected. Sometimes you just a piece of one, other times you get a full rainbow. If you're really lucky, you'll get a double rainbow!! Someday I hope to see a circular rainbow which are only able to be seen while skydiving {it's on my life list}!

To me, rainbows seems to come at very important days in my life. Here's a few from the last few years {in no particular order}...

Vancouver, WA. 2010
This rainbow I saw after Jason and I were at dinner up by the mall. We had gone out to dinner to discuss the future. We'll leave it at that ;-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oahu, Hawaii. 2007.
 
This was the first vacation Jason had gone on with my family, we were just dating at the time. We had just spent the day with my parents, snorkeling.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Vancouver, WA. January 2011.
 
I saw this rainbow after walking out of the ultrasound to confirm my PCOS. I was already terrified and anxious and sad but then I walked out and saw this tiny part of a rainbow and I felt better.
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Washougal, WA. 2013
 
I saw this rainbow on the day I decided to switch schools within my school district.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Portland, OR. June 2013.
 
We saw this gorgeous full rainbow after a dinner where we were celebrating me losing 70 pounds, Jason's job moving to Vancouver, and another future family talk.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Portland, OR. June 2013.
 
I saw this beauty while driving home from a "secret" barre3 meeting. I've been mentoring a group of women for 8 weeks who are new to barre3 and who are following a plan {more to come soon}. I was asked to give them inspiration, tips, and support as they followed the plan. It was SO powerful and so much fun. I even had a few friends in the group so that made it all the better!!!
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Rainbows are my peace. I see one and I get giddy, happy, and clam all at once. They make me smile, pull over to take pictures, and crave them even more. I always am on the look out when I see rain & sun...aren't you?!?!
 
Fingers crossed {that there are more rainbows in my future}...

No comments:

Post a Comment