Saturday, June 7, 2014

where would I be...?

Let me start out my saying that I haven't hurt anything ;-)

It's been a tough week emotionally! This last Thursday was the 1 year anniversary of my first shoulder surgery and 155 days since surgery #2. 

pre surgery #1

pre surgery #2

It's VERY hard not to think where would I be if I had not had to have surgery #2. I could be doing plank, picking up anything over 5 pounds, training with my trainer, riding bikes, playing golf, and not having flabby arms!

I know it is time to look on the brighter side of things! I am so thankful that I have a stellar pair of physical therapists!! I'm lucky that I am able to afford two surgeries and the recovery activities that come along with them. 


Every few weeks my shoulder get stronger & stronger and we up the weight & resistance in my exercises. Then the pain & soreness creeps back in and I get frustrated. I'm tying really hard to remind myself that sore is better than pain. 


It's my goal to stop feeling sorry for myself and to start feeling thankful for all the I have, including a shoulder that is on it's way to being healthy. 

Fingers crossed {that I get some of these restrictions released on June 16th}!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment