Wednesday, September 18, 2013

QVC version 2.0!!!

Well, it finally happened!!! Not only did was make it to Philadelphia...we made it on to QVC {unlike the last trip}!! Here's the story of QVC Version 2.0!!!

Just two days before we went we had to practice...This time around I was able to go so much more because I was 7 weeks out of the sling instead of 10 days!

um. hello butt!!
 
 
loving my waist in this picture!
 
I set my DVR...
 
 
 
On a lovely {rainy} morning Harper and I boarded our flight to Philly. While I was waiting at the gate I discovered a very fun non-scale victory...
 
I hadn't worn this backpack since last summer...
there's a little more room now-a-days!
 
Harper and my flight was uneventful and arrived on time!
 
travel buddies!!
 
practicing my ballerina arm at Chicago-Midway
 
We jumped into a cab and headed back to the trusty Radnor Hotel {we stayed there on version 1.0}! We talked the guy into getting us adjoining rooms which was the best idea ever. We headed for a walk and to find a grocery store to have snack at QVC because we weren't sure what the situation was going to be there! We had another salad for dinner {salad for lunch too} because  we are vain and wanted to look good on TV ;-)
 
It felt so awesome to check Facebook on Friday and see what some of my biggest supporters were saying...
 

 
Bright and early Saturday morning we got up and got full on ready AKA full make up and hair, all before 7am EST which is really like 4AM on the west coast!
 
We were picked up by Sadie, Chris, and Robin {Chris' Mom} and set off through some GORGEOUS country side to QVC!!
 
WE FINALLY MADE IT!!!
 
Harper, Myself, & Sadie
 
Chris, Susan {agent}, myself, Sadie, Harper
{Robin is FABULOUS at taking pictures}
 
walking down the many halls of QVC
 
officially official
 
Sadie signing in!!

Harper and I in front of the TVs that showed live QVC all over the world
 
ready to go!

Harper and I were super nervous and excited at this point!!
 
walking out to the stage!! nervous balls of energy at this point!!
 
it's happening!!

my testimonial.
 
truth is the highest I was was 220 lbs and that day we were on QVC I weighted about 142 lbs. So that's -78!! The picture on the right was from the second week of January...so almost 8 months ago! Wish we'd been able to update it all but legal didn't allow it!
 
horse pose

in practice I wasn't smiling and they were VERY worried I wouldn't smile on camera.
there's nothing to worry about...I love to smile!!!

seated core!
 
after!!!
 
Once we were done with our 8 minutes of fame we stayed around a bit to watch the numbers. There was a live computer in the back room that you could see second by second how many units were being bought! It was cool!
 
Harper and I got dropped back off at the hotel to get ready for dinner. The Lincoln's planned dinner out in Delaware because they knew that I wanted to go to all 50 states! It was such an amazing gesture!! Though before we headed to dinner Harper and I wanted lunch...
 
Popping our Smashburger cherries!
 
watching the airing on the iPad at the Radnor while drinking wine at like 3:30pm!
great times!
 
Delaware!! Thanks for the amazing memories Lincoln Family!!
 
Robin wanted to show us the birdhouses on the river walk.
We used it as a moment to bust out some barre3!!
 
Harper, Sadie & I
 
We headed back to the hotel pretty early because Harper and I had to get up at 3:30 am to get ready and head to the airport - which is really 12:30 AM where we live! It's crazy!! But then, the real crazy came...
 
 
A cab ride where the driver was likely on drugs, asked us if we both over 30 and wanted marriage advise, had a bat, gas can, and rope in the trunk, was going over 80mph the whole way there and I was seriously writing my last will & testament on Facebook and texting Jason that I loved him. But we made it to the airport and had two very uneventful flights back home.
 
This was one of the most magical, memorable, and awe inspiring trips. I love spending time with the people whom I went with! I couldn't have asked for a better travel partner in Harper, Sadie is truly magical to be around, Chris is one of the calmest men I've met. While I don't know if I'll ever have an experience like this again, I will forever have the memories.
 
All of this wouldn't have happened without my past, which I think is an important piece. If you've read this far and if you're maybe just starting a weight loss journey please know...anything is possible. 2 years ago I was a size 20W and weighted 220 pounds. I never in my wildest dream thought I'd be a back up exerciser on live TV. EVER.
 
Fingers crossed {that anything I haven't even yet dreamt of is possible}...

No comments:

Post a Comment