Monday, February 3, 2014

light, camera, SMILE!

Years ago I couldn't imagine doing a workout video...much less being in one!

It's been almost a year that we've been talking about this happening! First, it was supposed to be the day after my 30th birthday {March 2012}. Then, in the summer, twice, but surgery foiled those plans. Finally...last fall we had a date for filming the workout!! I was just a few weeks shy of shoulder surgery 2.0 so I didn't use weights and was the modifier, which was fine by me!!

I was lucky enough to get to film with my mentor/idol Sadie and my fellow barre3 devotee Robyn!

Robyn, Sadie, Myself
 
We filmed down at the home office one afternoon. That meant I got to see my favorite photog, Zach, who is always so nice!! Thankfully we were only filming a 10 minute workout...just that was hard so I can't imagine filing a 60 minute one! We did it two time through and the second time was the one they used. In the first one I looked a bit like a deer about to get hit by a car.
 
It was a very surreal experience to be in a workout video. To know that thousands (if not more) people are going to view this, do this, and hear a bit about my story!! It's mind boggling.
 
 
A video of me watching the barre3 video I was in.
 
I was very emotional watching this - as you can tell by my quivering lip and labored breathing and I definitely shed some happy tears. It's very tough to put in to words what I was feeling and am feeling about this. Because I have been willing to be an open book I have had so many opportunities, many of them through barre3. I am thankful for each of them and am so happy that this amazing memory was caught on video!
 


http://www.barre3.com/videos/total-body-10/

Click on the link above to view OR DO my FREE 10 minute workout for barre3.

Leave a comment here if you do my video!!

Fingers crossed {that this might not be my last video}...

No comments:

Post a Comment