Wednesday, February 19, 2014

snow day sweet snack!

Last week had a "lot" of snow...

safe sling activity - snow angel

somewhat safe snow activity - making snowballs.
until your husband throws a snowball at you.
for the record - I was already sitting down
 
When you're cooped up inside for 4 days because you're afraid to walk outside...and you can only use one arm...there's only so many things you can do. I employed my husband and I think it worked because chocolate was involved!
 
Chocolate trail mix bites.
 
I got the idea from the blog Undressed Skeleton. These were so ridiculously easy to make! We melted Moonstruck 70% cocoa chocolate in the microwave on Power 3 for about 3-4 minutes, stopping every minute to stir. Spoon 1 spoon full on to wax paper. Top with nuts & fruits. We used a mix of macadamia nuts, pistachios, almonds, TJ dried cranberries, sea salt.  Two 3.0 ounce chocolate bars made 16 double spoon full bites (the bigger ones) AND about 30 single scoop bites. We'll be making many, many more batches of these! And...my husband was right {yes, you read that right}, sea salt makes all the difference!
 
 
I definitely plan on bringing these along with us on trips and hikes!

Do you have any toppings you think would be good on our chocolate trail mix bites?

No comments:

Post a Comment