Monday, August 27, 2012

tears in the dressing room...

I went back to school clothes shopping with one of my best friends today. We have an odd shopping relationship which we always talk about as we shop. I don't really fret about prices - if it fits and I like it, I buy it ~ simple as that. She is a bit more frugal with her money. The funniest part is when we shop we have to head to different areas of the store - I used to head to the Plus Size department while she will head to petites or juniors... You don't get two people who are completely different body types and sizes that often - I was a size 18W at my heaviest and she is a 0 ~ or 00 if we are at The Loft ;).

Today though, was a good shopping day for me. As I posted in my GOALS back in July one of my goals was to wear a size 12. It was kind of just a number I'd thrown out there. Just about that time I had bought some size 14 pants that were pretty tight so I figured that it would take me a while to be a size 12...but I got there today!!! I know it was just in one brand of jeans but I WILL TAKE IT!!!


 
These are the same brand and style of pants {Coldwater Creek Natural Cut Trouser Jeans}. The pictures were taken on the same day, so they aren't a real before/after pics. The jeans on the left are my jeans I wore at my heaviest and I guarantee I filled in every inch of them {plus some}. The ones on the right are a size 12. I LITERALLY had tears in my eyes and if I'd been by myself I probably would have cried.
 
I think it is even more amazing because it is the same pants. I can't even express in words what it really means to me. It means the work is paying off, the stress and anxiety is worth it, the tears and trials and lettuce. Worth it. I feel better, I look better, I work harder, and I want to continue on this journey.
 
Fingers crossed.
 
PS. I am super excited to wear my size 12's out in public ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment