Saturday, February 9, 2013

the night before...

While I am a morning person, I am not someone who likes to get out of bed in the morning. I like to lazy around, reading the news and playing words with friends. It's a habit I'm hoping to break. I'd say I spend a good 30 minutes in bed every morning on my phone. It's a sick addiction. I leave about 7:30ish to get to work in 10 minutes.

Then there is my husband. He works in downtown Portland and if he left for work at 7am to get there by 8am he'd end up getting there at 8:30am because there is so much traffic. He somehow manages, at least 3 days per week, to get up at 4:30 AM {the one where it is cold, dark, and wayyyy toooo early} to go to the gym so he can workout and beat traffic. I just can't do that. I tried once and it wasn't a pleasant experience.

Because we both have odd routines in the AM we have really been focusing on getting ready for the next day, the night before. I make my breakfast & lunch and Jason's when he doesn't have a business meeting the next day. We both get out respective (but matching) gym bags ready! It really does make getting out the door on time a lot easier!!!

My hubby's clothes. He wears his workout gear straight to the gym.
 
All my bags. Yellow is my work stuff bag. Purse. Snack bags for before the workout.
Gym clothes for en evening workout. Shoes too - because I found out once I can forget them!
 
Does anyone else get ready the night before?
 
Fingers crossed {that we can continue these habits}...

No comments:

Post a Comment