Thursday, April 18, 2013

continuously cold!

Maybe it's just me {which I think it might be} but I am continuously cold. Like, all the time. Even in 85 degree Phoenix last month I wasn't sweating in the sunshine.

70 degrees. Long sleeves. Fire.

I just can't shake the feeling that I'm cold. As I sit here and type this isn't a Thursday evening in Washington State. The temperature in the house is a comfy 72 degrees - and I have on the fire, fleece pj pants, and fuzzy socks. No joke. I can't wait to go to bed to my electric blanket!

I have a co-worker who has lost almost 80 pounds in the past few years. She and I went on a walk the other day and I brought up my constant cold-ness. If anyone was going to understand...it was her! And she did! I knew I had to do a little research and here is a good article that I found.

How Come When you Lose Weight You Get Cold?

Lose a Fat Layer ~ This makes total sense to me. When I started this journey I weighed 220 pounds. As of this morning I weighed 153.5 pounds. That is -66.5 pounds which is equivalent to 30% body fat loss. WOWZERS. I literally just did the math {pats self on back}. I have most definitely lost the most fat around my waist/hips which is where a lot of my fat was stored and was keeping my internal organs nice and warm {wasn't that nice}!

Calorie Conservation ~ While I am most certainly not a calorie counter, I am definitely eating different foods that I used to. I do enjoy some of my favorite things that probably aren't considered "life style change food" but overall, my calorie's that I intake are much different.

It really does make sense when you think about it. Less fat {aka insulation} means colder bodies. Has anyone else who has lost a significant amount of weight experienced this? I'd love to hear from you!!

Fingers crossed (that the weight keeps coming off and my core temperature starts to catch up}...

No comments:

Post a Comment