Friday, April 5, 2013

it's the little things...

...that add up to big things!

I've been trying to continue to make small, subtle changes in our lifestyle. To get where we've gotten we've certainly changed a lot but it is time to start turning it up a notch!

Getting food ready...
Getting exercise clothes ready...

Here's a few things I did this weekend. I'll share more as I do them :)


Roasting Vegetables. I estimate this will last us about 6 or so servings. We had it for dinner 2 nights in a row and have about 2 more helpings left. I roasted them in a 9 x 13 pan with some water and the oven at 350 degrees. I stirred them about every 15 minutes. At about 30 minutes in I added 1 TBSP of organic coconut oil, salt, and pepper. I cooked the veggies for about 1 hour 15 minutes total. Next time I will wait to put the asparagus in because it was so soggy! We will definitely be doing this a few times a month. It's great for leftover dinner or lunches!

Dinner with the veggies as a side!
 
 
 
Today I met one of my bestie for lunch in downtown Portland! I parked in a garage because I don't like to deal with the headache of street parking/meters. The garage was so full that I ended up having to park on the 9th floor, which would also be known as the top floor. I decided to use this to my advantage and take the stairs...both ways! I was super proud of myself!!
 
10 minutes at a time!
 
I also did a 10 minute barre3 online video {please don't mind the PJs}! I've been trying to get up and so something during commercials! It is way more easy to sit for hours at a time and watch TV. Just even getting up in between shows would be a good start to the change.
 
These are a few little changes/cognizant decisions I've made in the past few days!! Have you made any? Will you make any now?
 
Fingers crossed {that I can find a few more ways to inspire myself and hopefully you, too}...

No comments:

Post a Comment