Friday, February 17, 2012

just a little light reading...

...of my insurance manual.


I know I said I would only read one book at a time but I've recently started reading up about my insurance coverge. 50% of the reason we went down the diagnostic path when we did was to ensure insurance infertility coverage - if needed. Now we know it is needed and I want to know what I can do about it.

Since PCOS is a sister-syndrome of Diabetes I've been reading up on diabetes coverage with hopes being able to take a next step. There are rules and coverages avaliable to patients with diabetes - the main one I have been focusing on is dietisans.

I would really like to go to a dietisan to learn about what it is to be insulin-resistant and what I can do about. I am an auditory learner so while reading books is good for me I function much better if I can hear it. It college I had a room mate who would read our text books outloud while I layed and listened - it was perfect :) I am also a visual learner. I'm thinking I'm going to need to make a chart of good vs bad carbs & sugars and other foods!!

All in all, I just want to understand my rights and the rules of insrance as best I can. There are people at my school that didn't even know that you can get 45 massages a year on my insurance...craziness!!

Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment