Saturday, March 3, 2012

and the results are in...


I have PCOS. It is official. I got a letter today in the mail that said {and I quote}...

You do not have late onset CAH. The most conclusive diagnosis is PCOS.

It feels good to know. Now I know what books to buy, what websites to read, and what things to focus on. I still also have Insulin Resistance which is linked but separate to PCOS. Confusing right? ...tell me about it.

There is so much going through my head. I am glad it is not the worse of the two options. I really, really am. There is still lots to think about in regards to PCOS but not nearly as much as if it had been LO CAH.
I don't know what our next step will be. Right now I feel that it should be to get the IR under control, lose more weight, and learn more about this syndrome that I will be battling for the rest of my life. Pregnancy isn't really the number one thing I want anymore, at least right now. I mean, if I got pregnant that would be amazing but I really want to get my head wrapped around everything else.
I just filled out some paperwork to meet with a nutritionist that is also a local yoga instructor. While I don't know if I will work with her regularly {$150 a session is quite a lot} her initial session is free and I can at least get a grasp of what IR is and foods to start watching out for - either good or bad. I'm still also going to explore the options of dieticians through my insurance...we shall see.

Let the fight begin.

Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment