Sunday, January 29, 2012

at a baby shower...

...and one of two there without kids. No joke.

I went to a baby shower yestreday. It's a great friend of mine, we worked together both of our first-ish years out of college and have remained friends for the last 5 years despite living across the state from each other.

I am happy for her and her husband, I am. Though they didn't have to plan or doing anything besides "try".

At this shower there was SO many babies!! Like, I would say 7 babies under the age of one. And since I was just a friend at a family baby shower I couldn't really pick up the random {aka cute, pudgy, happy} babies. All they were all baby girls...all of them. Except for the one my friend is growing. He'll be a boy. It was a somber afternoon for me. And made even more somber by the facts that I drove 2.5 hours up and 2.5 hours back - that is a LOT of think time!!

I actually had some very good conversations with some friends and family on the way up and back. I really do have a very good and positive support group behind me. I called one friend who is really into healthy food and was chatting with her about that and within a few hours I had some links (that I'd asked for) in my Inbox.

It's the little things.

Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment