Sunday, January 29, 2012

first book, first sense of relief...



I've been nose deep in this book for almost a week. I had borrowed it from my friend K and once I got the diagnosis I ordered myself a copy so I can obsessively take notes and write in it. I'm about 1/3 of the way through it and I feel like my life is written in the pages. It is so hard for me to explain.

Everything I've ever thought about myself - overweight, acne, oily, no MC to speak of - I made excuses for. I'm overweight because I eat too much, the stuff I eat makes me have acne, I'm oily simply because that is how I am. I know now that it is because I have PCOS. Knowing gives me relief and strength and knowledge.

It is helping me to really understand that I am my best advocate, that I am not "normal" but there are things I can learn and change to make my body work better for me. And most surprisingly, I have learned that I have WONDERFUL people in my life!!

My Mom has already stated she wants to read the same books I do, my Aunt (the mother of my cousin who has PCOS) spent an hour talking to me on the phone and asking great questions, one of my best friends spent some time researching low-carb diets and recommended another book that I will soon be reading. She's read it (she does not have PCOS but is very into healthy food and living). I've had many of my coworkers offer support and encouragement and shown a desire to learn more right along side with me. Many of my other friends have offered a listening ear. It means the world to me.

I am determined to learn to live with PCOS and battle whatever hurdles for having a family that they may bring. I feel better the more people I have working with me, thinking about me, and of course, keeping their...

Fingers crossed.

PS. Tomorrow I have the 2 hour Glucose test. Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment