Thursday, October 10, 2013

{30 thoughts} food for thought...

Tomorrow morning we are heading back to Jason's alma mater and the place where we met, Washington State University.

2004 ~ our first picture together


As we were starting to plan our journey I came to the realization that everything I wanted to do revolved around food. The bean dip at Casa Lopez, ice cream & cheese at Ferdinan's, breadsticks at Sella's, beer at My Office & The Coug, and last {but the most important}, wine at Camas Prairie Winery.

And then as I started to think about where I wanted to go...I started to think about what I was going to eat. I know what the old me would eat...but should the new me eat that? Does the new me want to eat that? Will I feel deprived if I don't eat certain items I used to love? Will I feel cheated because we don't go back to Pullman often {this is the first time in 5 years we've been back}.

2008

Food is such an emotional item. It can remind us of good and bad times. Happy memories with fun people or memories we'd wish to forget. Looking back now it seems as though almost all of our memories are centered around food {and alcohol}!

Here is my plan. Friday go to Casa and have chips & bean dip {OMHell the bean dip is the best ever on the planet} and have the taco salad instead of the quesadilla. The quesadilla there isn't my "favorite" {that's at Chevy's} therefore I don't need to have it. Have one scoop of ice cream at Ferdinan's because it truly is the best ice cream ever {chocolate peanut butter}. I'm going to try to eat slowly, savor the flavors, and focus on the company we are with.

One of the best things about going back to Pullman is our friends. We are staying with a friend of mine who I met while teaching in Idaho and she is wonderful. I went to visit her last summer and even then she catered to my food needs. She called the other day to ask what I liked for breakfast! How amazing is that?!?! We are seeing Jason's old boss {who I used to babysit for} and she asked me what we could have for Friday night dessert! I feel so fortunate to have people who love me enough to ask what I need. How lucky am I?!?!

2008

I am so looking forward to a weekend away without my husband's work phone!! Since he is taking a vacation day tomorrow he gets to turn it off! WHOOP!

Here's to great friends, good food, and taking the time to enjoy them both.

Fingers crossed {for NO rain}!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment