Tuesday, October 29, 2013

the 2 year mark!!!

Today marks 2 years since my tipping point. And you know how I celebrated...

Kait, Mom, Noel, Bree, Sara, Brooke, Jason
Erica, Me, Sabrina, Alison
{missing from the picture is Brian, Alison's husband}
 
BARRE3, of course!!!
 
I had invited my friends & family to join be at the barre for a class!! I was so happy with the turn out. A few of my village battled Portland rush hour traffic to be there with me. Erica taught a ROCKING class, it was so faced paced I didn't have time to cry. Except for at the end...the tears definitely came! Erica played "Girl on Fire" and dedicated it to me and then I looked around and saw my husband, Mom, and some of the very best friends a girl could ask for.
 
Flowers and cards from three of my biggest cheerleaders.
 
Carrie - owner of barre3 who accepted me for who I was and treats me like one of her own!
Amanda - my personal trainer who believed in me LONG before I believed in myself.
Kait & the barre3 Home Office - who continue to support & surprise me with their generosity.

Cards from Carrie & Amanda
The words on the outside are powerful. The words on the inside made my cry.
 
Afterwards Jason, Bree, Noel and I went to grab dinner since it was 7:30 and we were starving. We headed to the Mexican restaurant that shares a parking lot with barre3. It'd been a very long time since I'd been to a Mexican restaurant. Part of me really, REALLY wanted to get a cheese quesadilla but my friends reminded me I didn't need that. Instead I got a taco salad and it was very good!
 
Me, Noel & Bree
These two have stood by me and lifted me up through some of the roughest patches of my life.
 
Jason & I
I just love him SSSOOO much!!!
 
I have many feelings about this milestone and the future...
 
 
It is going to be interesting to see how this "maintenance" part of my change goes. I've been the same weight for about 12 weeks now so I really do consider myself in maintenance. Sure, I want to get tighter and more toned but I don't think my number on the scale is going to move easily anymore - and that's okay! I know I will never go back to where I was!! More on how I plan to tackle the maintenance part of my journey, later!
 
Fingers crossed {that maintenance is as easy as losing weight was}!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment