Monday, October 7, 2013

{30 thoughts} How I keep myself motivated!


This quote really speaks to me. One, it's funny! Two, it's true! Which I suppose is why quotes speak to us...I digress.

Reward:
~ {noun} a thing given in recognition of one's service, effort, or achievement.

~ {verb} make a gift of something to (someone) in recognition of their services, efforts, or achievements.
 
There are many kinds of rewards and the key is to choose the best one(s) for you! Since I've been on a healthy journey my focus has been more on the tangible or experience rewards instead of the food rewards! Here's a few of my favorites!
 
- Hot pink KT tape
- A new purse (-50 pounds)
- iTunes gift cards
- a "fancy" shirt
 
My favorite type of self-motivation by making a comparison picture. If you've followed by blog for a while or have looked through it you will see that!
 
Here's my newest one...
 
Left July 2011
Right July 2013
 
Here's my first one...
 
April 2012 {minus 20 lbs}
 
You know what else is reward to me. PRAISE! VALIDATION! Who doesn't like praise? Once I started sharing my journey/pictures/story I have gotten so many likes, comments, and messages from so many people - some whom I have never met! I LOVE it. Being recognized for my hard work is SO rewarding to me. It's more rewarding than anything I could buy!
 
It just feels good to have people recognize the good changes you are making. I know that what I am doing is worth it because I will likely have a longer & healthier life but there is a huge part of me that loves the attention. There, I said it. I'm an attention junkie. I also like to give the attention back to people who are going through or have gone through the same types of situations...
 

I get SO happy when people message me on FB or Instagram and tell me that I am an inspiration. Having all these other {mainly} women who are making changes...makes me want to keep making changes too!

But you know what, the compliments that mean the most are from my family. I've had my parents, my in-laws, my husband and my brother in laws all tell me that because of what I am doing, they are making their own life changes. That, that is what it is all about. Not only making my community better, but making my family better!!!

I want that next reward item, those next comments from my comparison picture, and I want to live a healthy life. That is why I am doing what I am doing.

How do you all keep yourselves motivated?

Fingers crossed {that maybe I'm inspiring you}...

No comments:

Post a Comment